- Greece: New citizenship bill now opened for public consultation
Published on: 15/05/2015
- 40% of Malta's tax revenue in 2014 came from investment-based citizenship and residence programmes, says PM
Published on: 07/05/2015
- ECHR to examine legality of automatic extension of Russian citizenship to Crimean residents
Published on: 04/05/2015
- US Army offers fast track to citizenship to immigrants with "special language or medical skills"
Published on: 09/04/2015
- Switzerland: evidence of disparities in facilitated naturalisation procedures
Published on: 23/03/2015
- Australia: PM proposes revocation of citizenship for dual nationals involved in terrorism
Published on: 25/02/2015
- United Kingdom: More EU migrants are becoming British citizens
Published on: 23/02/2015
- Scotland: proposal to give votes to 16 and 17 year-olds in Holyrood elections
Published on: 23/02/2015
- Befuddling citizenship requirements expose cultural quirks
Published on: 18/02/2015
- Legal analysis: the CJEU on Dual Turkish/EU citizens and social rights
Published on: 02/02/2015
- CALL FOR PAPERS - 'Spreading citizenship: Dynamics of Norm Diffusion in Europe and the Americas'
- NEW PUBLICATION: Citizenship Deprivation - A Normative Analysis
- UPDATED CITLAW INDICATORS: New Countries available
- EUDO CITIZENSHIP GOES WEST to the AMERICAS
- ILEC project: Involuntary Loss of European Citizenship
Publications on Citizenship
By Yossi Harpaz, Journal of Ethnic and Migration Studies, 15 May 2015
By Djordje Sredanovic, International Political Science Review May 11, 2015
By Didier Ruedin, Social Science Quarterly (published online in April 2015)
Welcome to EUDO CITIZENSHIP
Democracy is government accountable to citizens. But how do states determine who their citizens are? EUDO CITIZENSHIP allows you to answer this and many other questions on citizenship in the EU member states and neighbouring countries.
On this website you can find updated information on loss and acquisition of citizenship, national and international legal norms, citizenship statistics, bibliographical resources, comparative analyses and debates about research strategies and policy reforms.
Testimonials"The EUDO observatory is a brilliant tool for anyone concerned about Europe's multifarious approaches to the concept of nationality and citizenship. Academic study, political debate and legal certainty are all helped by this observatory"
Andrew Duff, MEP, Liberal Democrat